Wednesday, February 16, 2011

V-Day @ Chick-Fil-A

B and I have started a tradition of going to Chick-Fil-A on Valentine's Day, this year made the 3rd year for us!  They always do something special, and this year there were table clothes, balloons, people from NWA Healthy Marriages (complete with a paper with conversation topics for you to discuss during your meal, to improve your marriage), and complimentary dessert!  We enjoyed our meal, listened to live music, and each got a yummy dessert.  

 The chick-fil-a decor! :)

 Nothing says romantic, like Chick-Fil-A

Ice "dream" cone...

I am always a bit of a cynic towards Valentine's Day, something about it irritates me, those feelings could have been intensified by that trip to Wal-Mart the morning of Valentine's Day (mistake), or how flowers are marked up double, or that I always eat too much junk, or maybe I'm permanently scarred from those nights I sat in my dorm room while everyone else was out on a Valentine's Day date (ha!), but I couldn't help but smiling at Chick-Fil-A, it was sweet to be sitting there, all surrounded by balloons, my sweet husband, and fried chicken (not in that particular order). 

 And I mean, who wouldn't love Valentine's Day, when you are sitting across the table from this face.  

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control...." Galatians 5:22-23
I love every word in those verses, and getting along in life (and marriage) is much easier when they are all exercised on a regular basis.  

2 comments:

Mariellen said...

I would be very content at Chick-Fil-A on V day!!!

Kara said...

That's awsome- love me some chick-fil-a and think that's awesome NWA Healthy Marriage was there!