Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reading Books!


Hadleigh and I read lots of books last night before bed.  She picked to read "A Christmas Story" and "Goodnight New York City" over and over again.  The Christmas story book was Joe and I's when we were little and I bought Hadleigh the Goodnight NYC book before she was even born!  I wanted her to learn to love NYC at an early age!  Both of these are good picks to read repeatedly in my opinion! :)

While we were reading A Christmas Story, every time we would get to the part about Joseph and Mary, she would say "Joseph, like my daddy!"  Since her daddy has the same name!  It was too cute.  Then we would get to the page with the wise men, and she would say "Wise men give baby Jesus presents!"  I loved every minute of reading with her!

We also practiced identifying the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building in the NYC book.  She'll be all ready for her first big apple trip with her Aunt Ahmi.  :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

ooo i need this NYC book! Good thinking letting her fall in love early = )